Re: Acer Aspire One (150)

From: Christopher Rawnsley <rawprawns@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 21:49:24 +0000

While I don't have a Acer Aspire I do have a netbook of some kind and I would like to raise the general issue that you get with them. They don't have CD drives. From the sounds of things, it doesn't seem like too big a deal for you as you have an external one (although you have dropped in to the kernel debugger...) but I would imagine that many people don't have such a luxury.

I think USB flash images are the way to go and I dug up a script from Dario Freni on FreeBSD front for converting ISO images to USB disc images[1]. I think this is a start and I would like to encourage the creation of one for the DragonFly Project. I want to work on this but it's bound to take me a while :) Anyone got any tips?