Re: weird loader problem

From: Johannes Hofmann <johannes.hofmann@xxxxxx>
Date: 31 Jul 2008 15:20:29 GMT

Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

> :When I try to load more than 5 modules via loader.conf, my kernel
> :no longer finds the root filesystem.
> :Booting in "Safe Mode" still works.
> :As far as I can tell this is independent of which modules I actually
> :load.
> :I'm running 2.0 release more or less, so I don't yet have the
> :latest changes to gpt.
> :
> :Is anyone else seeing this weird problem?
> :
> :Cheers,
> :Johannes
>
>    Hmm.  Which modules were you trying to load?

Ok, here is some more information...

usb_load="YES"
ehci_load="YES"
ugen_load="YES"
ucom_load="YES"
uvscom_load="YES"
umass_load="YES"

and

if_iwi_load="YES"
if_ed_load="YES"
if_et_load="YES"
if_ep_load="YES"
wlan_tkip_load="YES"
wlan_ccmp_load="YES"
wlan_wep_load="YES"
est_load="YES"

do not work.
In both cases I can remove some lines and it works.

If it fails my root disk is detected as ad1 instead of ad0 when
it works.

Booting with acpi disabled works even with lots of modules loaded
from /boot/loader.conf.
As acpi.ko seems to be loaded after the modules from
/boot/loader.conf I suspect that the memory location of where acpi.ko
gets loaded makes some difference.

 Johannes