documentation on preparing a new release

From: Jordan Gordeev <jgordeev@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 17:21:04 +0300

Michael Neumann wrote:
Hi,

The release-src-cvsup target still contains the RELEASE_1_12 tag, which should instead be:

-rDragonFly_RELEASE_2_0_Slip

I don't know where to find this file in the source tree, so I can't fix it myself. Anyone?

Regards,

Michael
I think it's a good idea to have a "Making a new release" document which lists all the steps that are necessary for making an official release including all the places where the new release should be noted.