Re: keeping pkgsrc up to date

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:11:51 -0700 (PDT)

:Couldn't we set up a master pkgsrc repository using Hammer, and then use
:Hammer's mirroring capability? Would be nice to experiment and see how
:it performs. As most pkgsrc files are actually very small, the size
:penalty should not matter that much.
:
:Oh btw, can we Hammer-mirroring from slaves? Actually, I don't see a
:reason why this shouldn't be possible (just too lazy to try it out
:myself right now).
:
:Regards,
:
:   Michael

    You can chain slaves along, sure.  Except for the actual mirroring
    operation itself they remain read-only of course.

					<dillon@backplane.com>