Re: Hammer - block size

From: "Jim Wilcoxson" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 12:14:48 -0400 (EDT)

When I write 10-byte files, does Hammer use a full 64K block for each
file, and then if I extend/truncate a file but it stays < 64K, it stays in
the same 64K block on the disk?

Or does it pack multiple files into the 64K block, with file A being the
first 10 bytes, file B being the next 10?  Then when I extend file A to 20
bytes (and do an fsync), I get 10 unused bytes where A originally was
located, file B for 10 bytes, the new file A for 20 bytes, and the
reblocker comes along later and fixes this block when the amount of
fragmented space in the 64K block becomes excessive or the block is full
(but has holes)?

Jim