Re: Call for pkgsrc help - Firefox broken

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 15:33:01 -0700 (PDT)

:..
:> I've seen this in the past and it was always a linker error.
:> Check if there's some new conditional somewhere missing the DragonFly
:> case.
:
:Many thanks for hint. It turned out exactly the problem you already fixed
:once in security/nss. 2.0.0.15 introduced security/nss-fips directory
:with same problem.
:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~hasso/pkgsrc-www-firefox.patch
:
:> Did I say I hate how upstream hasn't cared about including the patches
:> since Firefox 1.0.7 at least?
:
:I really hate to see so many patches in pkgsrc regardless of the package.
:--
:Hasso Tepper

    In about a week we are going to need an official binary package set
    for the release.  I'd like to get as many of these fixes into it
    as possible, even if it means operating from a patched pkgsrc tree.

    So... who would like the job?

    I know we have several people with access to pkgbox already, and I'll
    add Hasso too (if you want the added burden :-)).  What we need now is
    someone to be the person in-charge of packages for the 2.0 release.

					<dillon@backplane.com>