Re: Call for pkgsrc help - Firefox broken

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 01:13:05 +0300

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 04:27:40PM +0300, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> > Recent Firefox (security) update to 2.0.0.15 in pkgsrc broke it for
> > DragonFly:
>
> I've seen this in the past and it was always a linker error.
> Check if there's some new conditional somewhere missing the DragonFly
> case.

Many thanks for hint. It turned out exactly the problem you already fixed
once in security/nss. 2.0.0.15 introduced security/nss-fips directory
with same problem.

http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~hasso/pkgsrc-www-firefox.patch

> Did I say I hate how upstream hasn't cared about including the patches
> since Firefox 1.0.7 at least?

I really hate to see so many patches in pkgsrc regardless of the package.

--
Hasso Tepper