HAMMER recovery and other questions

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 23:51:28 +0200

1) When I have a nohistory mount and have a, say, power breakdown while
writing data to it, will the transactions be still re-run after
rebooting?
2) If I understand well, I do a synctid and then I do the softlink on
the transaction ID and (soft)prune after e. g. 2 days -- does this
mean all my history gets deleted except for the last 2 days. Is this
correct?
3) If I make 3 softlinks, like soft1 (made 4 days ago), soft2
(made 3 days ago) and soft3 (made 1 day ago), delete soft2 and
softprune, will _all_ the changes done between soft1 and soft2 also be
deleted?
4) Feature suggestion: I think for a little bit more comfortable
operation, there should me a command that automatically creates a
softlink. Like: hammer snap /path/to/softlink which does a synctid and
creates the softlink in the desired path. That way one would not be
forced to retrieve the transaction ID and create softlinks manually. Or
have I missed something and you already have implemented this? :-)
5) Bug report: please add the nohistory flag to the chflags man
page. :-)
6) While we are at nohistory: is it possible to have a fully
nohistory'd volume with only specific directories for which the user
would like to retain the history?

TIA for the answers and sorry if some of my questions are related to
straightforward things, I am writing from a user's POV.

--
Gergo Szakal MD <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */