Re: Problem Booting new System 1.12 live cd

From: Dylan Reinhold <dylan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 19:37:40 -0700

Joe Talbott wrote:
On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 05:21:10PM -0700, Dylan Reinhold wrote:
I have not used DragonFly in a long time (I think the last ver was < 1.0). I just got a new system, so I wanted to see how DragonFly would play, but the live CD 1.12 (from Simon's site) wont boot with or without ACPI.

It starts to boot and then keeps repeating this message

intr 10 at 40001/40000 hz, livelock limit engage!
intr 10 at 19810/20000 hz livelock removed.
then a few of these show up
*WARNING* waiting for the following device finish
xpt: func 0xC01500E35 arg=0

The system is an Intel Quad Core 2.40 GHz on a Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G motherboard.

I had similar issues with my Quad Core and believe it or not swapping out the fairly new DVD burner for a fairly old CD-ROM drive got the machine booted.

Joe

I had both my DVD player and my CDR/DVD-R attached so I tried one at a time, it still would not boot.
For now I have DF running in a WMware session. And wow with this new machine, I don't even notice its running when i am using other apps in XP.

So for now, I'm going to just stick with the WM.

Matt,
If its helpful to the project to get this machine to boot, I'm up for trying some more testing, like the kernel configs. I might need some hand holding to boot from the new kernel from a CD.

Thanks,
Dylan