Virtual kernels will be enabled for user execution on leaf this weekend

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2008 09:02:03 -0700 (PDT)

    I will be upgrading LEAF to the latest HEAD and I will be enabling
    virtual kernel support runnable from user accounts this weekend.  This
    is to help the Summer of Code projects.  I am also going to create
    an easy-to-use build environment for building a vkernel and running a
    vkernel environment.

    I am also going to try to get it setup so user-run vkernels can access
    a local 10. network for easier access into the running vkernel.

    Note that leaf is not the fastest machine in the world, and using
    vkernels on it will be limited to 64-128MB memory images each.  The
    purpose of the support will be to make it easier to develop kernel
    related projects.  Any actual performance testing of your project
    would have to occur on real hardware.  The vkernel memory and disk
    images people use will have to go into the un-backed-up build partition.

    I'll have more to announce on Sunday.