Re: We suck in power management ...

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 21:39:37 +0300

Matthew Dillon wrote:
>     est is far prefered over the ACPI idle hook.  The ACPI hook is a
> disaster and frankly shouldn't be used.

Well ... I have here hacked together est module for core 2 CPU's (mainly
work done by Michal Belczyk [1]) and the result is that although changing
voltage has effect, changing frequency doesn't have any effect to power
usage or heat. CPU is just slower. I havent digged deep into it yet,
though ...

[1] - http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/bugs/2007-04/msg00099.html

--
Hasso Tepper