Re: Cvsup kernel source only?

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 08:49:09 +0200

Andre LeClaire wrote:
Hello, everyone! With the idea of creating a custom router, I've installed DragonFly on an older laptop with limited resources (1GB flash drive), and wonder if it's possible to build a custom kernel by cvsup-ing the kernel source only? This was possible with FreeBSD 4*, but all the info I've found describes getting the entire source tree for Dragonfly, which wouldn't fit in the space available.

Replace 'dragonfly-cvs-src' with 'dragonfly-src-sys' in the supfile you're using. Seems to work (as I just learned recently). Although you'll also need the toplevel Makefiles in src/.

Another option is to take the kernel src tarball which is on the LiveCD, /usr/src-sys.tar.bz2.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx