Re: problem with mouse configuration

From: Dave Hayes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:05:15 -0700

dark0s Optik <shiftcoder@gmail.com> writes:
> moused -t auto -p 35
> but output is: unable to open port 35: no such file or directory.
> Which port must I write?

I think you are misunderstanding the notion of "port". This is not a
TCP/IP network port but an actual kernel device file (e.g. /dev/mouse,
/dev/psm0) referring to the hardware port on the machine that your mouse
is connected to.

Hope that helps. :)
--
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org

The good Mulla was observed sitting in a tree in his yard
and sawing the branch he was sitting on. A neighbor asked
what he was doing.  Nasruddin replied: "I'm cutting down the
tree; except for this branch: I like the shade it casts."