Re: Introduction

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 16:39:12 +0100

Colin Adams wrote:
Meanwhile, I have managed to install 1.12 in a virtual machine on my
Linux 64-bit quad core box. I didn't attempt to configure the network
when I did the installation, thinking that as I was running under KVM,
I would not need to (that was the case when I set up FreeBSD 6.3 last
weekend). However I can't ping 10.0.2.2 (which is the virtual DHCP
server that KVM provides to the guest), so I guess I should have done
it.

But I don't know what command to type to bring up those configuration
menus again - I can't find it mentioned in the DragonFly handbook
(flight manual?).
Please help.

I guess that kvm provides a DHCP client? In this just add a line ifconfig_XXX0="DHCP" to /etc/rc.conf.

XXX stands for the interface name, you can get an overview by typing "ifconfig".

If you need to configure a fixed address, use
ifconfig_XXX0="inet 10.0.2.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up".

More details can be found in rc.conf(5) and the handbook, available on the wiki.

cheers
  simon