Re: FreeBSD 7, DragonFly's status

From: Adrian Michael Nida <nida@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 00:01:24 -0500

Quoting Dmitri Nikulin <dnikulin@gmail.com>:

Hi everyone, I've been busy so I haven't said anything here in a long
time, but reading about FreeBSD 7 has raised some thoughts.
<Snip/>

Same here. From one old busy quiet guy to another, welcome back.

<SnipAndRearrange/>
I look forward to being told I'm completely wrong and everything is
much better than it seems :)
<SnipAndRearrange/>

"You're completely wrong and everything is much better than it seems"

Happy? Let's now show you why...

<SnipAndRearrange/>
The benchmark at http://people.freebsd.org/~kris/scaling/os-mysql.png
<SnipAndRearrange/>

Is measuring 1.8. We're at 1.12 now. I'm sure an updated graph has a different
trend. Take it upon yourself to redo the benchmark.

<SnipAndRearrange/>
At the risk of sounding like a troll, may I ask, if FreeBSD 7 has high
performance, high stability and remains reasonably clean and
maintainable, doesn't that partly invalidate the reasons DragonFly was
created?
<SnipRearrangeAndClippedForBandwith/>

Partly, but there are will always be many more for why it should continue.
Focus on those, we still have a long way to fly.

Adrian