Re: Introduction

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:12:50 -0800 (PST)

:Hello DragonFlyBSD users,
:
:I have just seen the word DragonFlyBSD for the first time today (on
:the KVM wiki).
:
:I am a software engineer and also a dragonfly recorder (yes, I record
:the numbers and species of dragonflies and damselflies in Hurst Grange
:Park, Penwortham, Lancashire, England). So I could not resist taking a
:look.
:
:This last weekend, I installed FreeBSD 6.3 in a KVM virtual machine
:running under Linux (x86_64). I had never used any flavour of BSD at
:all before, nor had I any familiarity with KVM, so it was quite an
:experience.
:The reason I did this was that a user of my XSLT 2.0 processor,
:Gestalt (http://gestalt.sourceforge.net) had requested a FreeBSD
:binary.
:
:Now I just HAVE to have a DragonFlyBSD binary to unify my website
:(http://colina.demon.co.uk) which is all about Gestalt and
:dragonflies. So I shall be giving it a go this weekend.
:I

    Very cool!

:P.S. Can someone tell me the scientific name of the species pictured
:in the mascot?

    I'm afraid I don't know.  I took that picture in my garden, in
    Berkeley, California.

					<dillon@backplane.com>