Re: Building/Installing DragonFly from within FreeBSD

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 10:12:45 -0800 (PST)

:Can anybody confirm that this still works? When I try to upgrade a
:FreeBSD 4.9 system to DragonFly 1.2 following the procedure outlined in
:this document, make buildworld fails in /usr/src/usr.bin/mklocale.
:I would like to go this route to migrate some production servers that
:are currently running FBSD 4.11 to DragonFly, if possible.
:
:Thanks!
:
:Andre

    I really doubt that you can build the dragonfly kernel from inside
    FreeBSD any more, short of booting a DragonFly CD in a virtual machine
    and building it there.

					<dillon@backplane.com>