License questions

From: ciol <ciol13@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 12:06:54 +0100

Hi, I'm creating a new operating system, and I need a kernel.
So I have some questions:

- If someone send you a code of a driver for instance which is not under BSD, neither GPL: something like the LGPL, will you accept it? Because if I understand well, the only issue with the GPL, is you can't use it in a BSD code, without licensing it in GPL too. Am I right? Therefore, with LGPL, there is no problem?
- [optional] You do not want the GPL, ok. But why didn't you change or why don't you change your license to something between the GPL and the BSD? (Like the LGPL or I don't know, put a non-viral license here).
- Unrelated: is your goal to be used for desktop too? Because when I read http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/nutshell.html , I have the feeling dragonfly is just for servers.

I don't want to start a flamewar, just you to answer my questions, without searching a troll please.

Thanks.