Re: Wiki Spam again

From: Matthias Schmidt <matthias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 10:05:26 +0100

Hi,

* Dario 'Capn Sonic' Banno wrote:
> Hey there,
>
> right some minutes ago, Dragonfly Handbook main page was completely replaced
> with some spam, so I reverted it to the previous version.
> See http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/DragonFlyBSD_Handbook?action=diff
>
> You can see daily spams from RecentChanges page too.
>
> Well, a wiki is a great thing, but I think restricting page editing to
> registered users only is really needed.
> What do you think about it?

+1

I already talked with Justin about that.  Making the wiki read-only for
unregistered users is IMO a must-have today.  The amount of spam hitting
the wiki day by day is too high.  Deleting spam takes more time that
updating the real content :)

If somebody is willing to contribute to the handbook, he can create an
account and do some work.  Yes, we could loose some minor changes from
unregistered users but getting rid of the spam problem is worth loosing
these minor changes.

Regards

	Matthias