Re: rsync and new mirroring tool (was cvsup)

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:15:49 -0800 (PST)

:Yah.  Please let's do a round robin entry to all cvsup mirrors.
:
:cheers
:   simon

    Unfortunately it isn't safe to do that because the mirrors
    will be slightly out of sync with each other.  You would
    confuse the hell out of cvsup if you ran it at the wrong time.
    It's better to select one manually.

    Again, I'm not really all that worried about my meager bandwidth.
    My router does fair-share scheduling and my servers all have
    net.inet.tcp.inflight_enable turned on.  The net effect is that
    the worse that happens is you get a slow download.  Shell
    responsiveness shouldn't go down much.

					<dillon@backplane.com>