Re: cvsup

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 13:54:37 -0800

> <4794968D.8080501@fs.ei.tum.de> <4794a63c$0$854$415eb37d@crater_reader.dragonflybsd.org> <4794B1B0.2040506@fs.ei.tum.de>

Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:
. ..
> Oh yes, everybody who EVER tried adding third party software to the
> repo, or rather kept maintaining it, has been swearing on CVS...

Heh.  That's ambiguous in colloquial English, which admittedly makes
no sense and therefore is difficult to learn.

You wanted to say 'swearing at', as in hurling epithets 'at' someone.
There is also 'swearing by' something, which means exactly the opposite,
e.g. 'I swear by DragonFly -- it's the best OS I've used'.  There is
also 'swearing on' a Bible to take an oath -- I suppose because you
put your right hand 'on' the Bible during the oath.

Anyway, you created a DragonFly-git repo at http://repo.or.cz but it
is out of date now.  They do offer an automatic update service, which
sounds very good:  "In the mirror mode, we will check the remote
repository at the URL you give us every hour and if we spot any changes,
we will grab them, mirror them and show them in our gitweb interface."

Is there any reason not to take advantage of their very kind offer?