Re: renaming the current working directory (cwd)

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 21:44:03 +0000

Vincent Stemen wrote:

*snip*

the name to stay the same, not just the inode.  I also verified it was
not a characteristic of the specific shell.  I got the same behavior in
Zshell as well as sh.

I overlooked that, but I don't *think* the shell makes a difference on this issue.

FWIW -

I was using the default tcsh on OS X, was an admin and wheel member, but not su'ed to root.

On OpenBSD it was ksh, on FreeBSD bash - both logged-in on the console as root, not su'ed.

Bill