Re: drm/dri update

From: "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 16:26:48 +0000

On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 02:53:44 +0100
"Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:

> You'll need to install a MesaLib that supports dri.  I don't know how
> you could do this with the MesaLib from pkgsrc.  I installed MesaLib-dri
> from pkgsrc-wip.  Be sure to read the README.

	It was going great right up to this point where I get this trying
to compile MesaLib-dri ...

mklib: ERROR: Don't know how to make a static/shared library
for DragonFly mklib: Please add necessary commands to mklib
script.

	... I hacked the mklib script in place and changed 'FreeBSD' to
'FreeBSD' | 'DragonFly' in the obvious place.

	Unfortunately once all was done starting the X server with dri
enabled simply crashes the system (stop dead and reboot with no messages).
The last thing in the Xorg.0.log is:

drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
drmOpenDevice: open result is 8, (OK)

	The only good news in all this is that I half expected this to
happen. This combination of a Radeon 9200SE and an ASUS A8V has always
crashed under dri in much this way, although I had been hoping that an up
to date drm and agp set might fix it :)

	Any suggestions as to how I might go about tracking this little gem
down ?