Re: mounting a ext2fs part and need fsck_ext2fs

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 17:54:57 -0800

Kevin L. Kane wrote:
Im trying to mount a ext2fs partition from dragonfly but I keep
getting a error like this:

mount_ext2fs: /dev/ad2s1: Invalid argument

What command are you using to mount the partition?

There wasnt much info about why this happens, I did find a post
somewhere that said if its a ext3 part that got shutdown improper you
need to fsck first before mounting it.

Is there another issue that it might be? And can anyone point me at a
place to get fsck_ext2fs for my dfly machine that wont be a complete
hack :).

You can find e2fsprogs in pkgsrc/sysutils. I've never tried it but I see no reason it shouldn't work. I think I'd try it on a test partition before using on something valuable, however.