Re: DragonFly vs Linksys as firewall and Gateway

From: Jasse Jansson <jasse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 19:42:06 +0100

Sdävtaker wrote:
I was using a P1/233MMX with DFBSD before buy a linksys router.
I got the linksys router becouse the P1 micro crashed and i couldnt find a replacement, linksys router (WRT54G) sucks, i got to restart it once per week at least, it likes to crash a lot even with the lastest bios.
I wonder if you can install a DFBSD over Linksys hardware like the linux one.

For the Linksys stuff ,check this one out:

http://www.polarcloud.com/tomatofaq

I have not updated my own unit yet, but I'm told
it's one of the better updates for the WRT56 series
routers out there.

-- Kaiser Jasse -- Authorized Stealth Oracle

The axioms of wisdom:
1. Go the SPARC way of life
2. You can't conquer the universe without the knowledge of FORTRAN
3. In the Unix realm, 10% of work fixes 90% of the problems