Fetch pkgsrc index with pkg_search

From: Matthias Schmidt <schmidtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:48:38 +0100

Hi guys,

after an upcoming discussion on FreeBSD cvs-src list [1] I modified
pkg_search to create a ports directory and fetch the appropriate INDEX
file from the server if both are not installed.   This enables
pkg_search to work out-of-the-box and without the need to install
a complete ports tree (which could be usefull for servers etc).

Fetching the INDEX file was pretty easy because FreeBSD supports the
"make fetchindex" command fetching the INDEX file from the master
server.  Is there are similar command available for pkgsrc/DragonFly?
According to my search within the mk/ directory there exists no such
command.

Would it be possible to add the pkgsrc INDEX to an official server?
This enables users to use pkg_search on DragonFly without the need to
download the whole tree and only install binary packages.

Regards,

	Matthias

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-src/2007-December/085011.html

--
Dipl.-Inf. Matthias Schmidt <schmidtm@mathematik.uni-marburg.de>
Dept. of Mathematics and Computer Science, Distributed Systems Group