Re: How to install nvidia graphics driver on dfly?

From: Joseph Garcia <bsd_usr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 19:11:03 -0700

Petr Janda wrote:
On Thu, 20 Sep 2007 09:49:33 pm Simon 'corecode' Schubert wrote:

daniel olsson wrote:

How to install nvidia graphics driver on dfly?

It doesn't work. There are no DragonFly binaries from nvidia.

I personally cannot wait for there to be a good open-source driver for AMD cards, now that the specs are open, hopefully Xorg will have a 3D driver for some of the higher performance models within a year. Then Im buying an AMD card, and dumping nvidia. my perfectly good 6600GT has been sitting almost unused in my box for the last 2 years since I started using DragonFly, except in Windows when I play games. Not that there are many games for *nix but CF would be quite nice.

Petr

Isn't DragonFlyBSD missing alot of stuff though for 3D? I mean, has the drm and agp stuff been updated? I think the last time I tried to get 3D working that stuff wasn't available. It's been a year since I tried, so maybe that has changed since then.

Joey