NFS scalability

From: Michael Neumann <mneumann@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:01:19 +0200

Hi,

At Froscon (open source conference), I attended a talk about web-clustering. The speaker described a system with a dozen web-servers, each of which is connected to a central NAS via NFS to serve files. Of course the main task of the web-servers is to serve dynamic files. The speaker used NFS because it served his needs and was very easy to setup within minutes, unlike GFS.

Just out of interest (without the time/boxes to try it out myself), do you guys think this is a "good" solution? I mean, does NFS handle a lot concurrent accesses well? I never used NFS...

Hehe, I know, using HAMMERFS would be a terrible good solution ;-)

Regards,

Michael