Re: Help!!!

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 02 Sep 2007 10:19:01 +0200

Eric wrote:
Basically, what do I do step by step to install x windows??!?! It needs to be made much more clear in the handbook on both the "main handbook" and "new user's guide"

We use pkgsrc from NetBSD so things are a bit different. See NetBSD's documentation at:

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/pkgsrc

You can use the binary packages provided on several sites. See the "pkgsrc binary mirrors" section on http://www.dragonflybsd.org/community/download.shtml.

For xorg you need to have the following packages:

modular-xorg-apps
modular-xorg-fonts
modular-xorg-drivers
modular-xorg-server
xterm

To add binary packages, use pkg_add(1).

Example:

% setenv PKG_PATH http://www.theshell.com/pub/DragonFly/packages/stable/DragonFly-1.10/All
% pkg_add modular-xorg-apps
% pkg_add modular-xorg-fonts
% ...

You can also use the full URL of a package (make sure to use the All/ subdirectory so that dependencies are found).

Regards,
Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx