Re: libgtop2 and xorg break

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 17:56:33 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, August 13, 2007 5:01 pm, Matthew Dillon wrote:

> :Does the installer still create /etc/mk.conf by default?
>
>     I think it does.  If /etc/mk.conf is obsolete then we need to do
>     something about it but I'm not really up on all the ins and outs
>     of pkgsrc so it has to be someone who actually understands what is
>     going on with the conf stuff.

Looking at file contents, we should make the destination
/usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf instead of mk.conf.  That does the right thing of
putting pkgsrc information in /usr/pkg, where it's supposed to go.
/etc/mk.conf is referenced in various places for other operating systems,
I think, but that's out of date relative to pkgsrc.

Technically, we can remove PKG_DBDIR, LOCALBASE< VARBASE, and X11_TYPE, as
the values we have in /etc/mk.conf are the defaults on DragonFly anyway.
Joerg, can you confirm this?