Re: DragonFly installation experience / suggestions

From: "Sepherosa Ziehau" <sepherosa@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:01:54 +0800

On 8/13/07, Simon 'corecode' Schubert <corecode@fs.ei.tum.de> wrote:
> Matthew Dillon wrote:
> >     That early in the boot there's probably no way to get a kernel core
> >     dump.
>
> I think Michael wrote that he can load it from loader without problems, but it panics when kldloading it.  Debugging in that case might be easy.  Just set a dumpdev and write out a dump which then can be analyzed with kgdb.  A `bt' in kgdb is usually the first step.
>
> Apart from that, my guess is "contiguous DMA memory".

I have received a backtrace and dmesg from Michael.
It was caused by cbb re-probe-attach when ipw is loaded after booting:
1) cbb/ipw is on same pci bus (pci2)
2) cbb attach failed during boot, due to unable to alloc irq res.
3) load ipw module after booting caused all unattached devices
(including cbb) under pci2 re-probe-attach, then cbb tried to attach
again, but failed again.  But this time the error cleaning up in cbb
attach code caused problem: resource is busy when releasing.

Didn't have time to take a closer look at it last night.  Above is the
conclusion I got before I went to sleep.

Best Regards,
sephe

--
Live Free or Die