Re: Kerneltrap interview available

From: "Justin C. Sherrill" <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 23:12:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, August 7, 2007 10:39 pm, James Frazer wrote:
>> Jeremy did another interview of me in Kernel Trap, here's the URL:
>
> Heh, judging by all the anonymous comments, somebody really has a bee in
> their pants over the whole SMP thing.  I better stop feeding those trolls.
>
> Dare I ask for the cold hard truth about the state of SMP on DragonFly?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but: The giant lock is still present,
though work has been done to remove it in part from a number of
subsystems.  Someone needs to take up the banner for it, though.

Those anonymous comments on that story come from someone assuming Matt's
dislike of the FreeBSD-5 SMP at the time of the code fork meant that
DragonFly's first task would be a different version of SMP, and not the
larger task of distributed computing.

That anonymous poster just has an axe to grind, and is looking for
someplace to do it.  It'd be more helpful if they weren't anonymous and
had more specific complaints, other than an imaginary calendar schedule.