Re: Watching a file system

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:41:08 -0700 (PDT)

:Is there a way to log all pathnames accessed by a specific mounted
:file system?
:------
:Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
:>>> The opinions expressed above are entirely my own <<<

    You can monitor system calls made by programs with ktrace.

    you can monitor *MODIFYING* operations to filesystems with the
    journaling support, e.g.:

    mountctl -a -o fd=1 /tmp:monitor | jscan -d

    Hmm. mountctl -l doesn't work.  I'll go fix that.

					<dillon@backplane.com>