Re: Weird issues with fdisk/dd

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 00:07:48 -0700 (PDT)

:I am indeed running 1.9.
:>
:>     For 1.9 you are going to have to regenerate all your devices in
:>     /dev.
:>
:>     cd /dev
:>     rm ad*
:>     ./MAKEDEV ad0
:>     ./MAKEDEV ad1
:>     ./MAKEDEV ad2
:>     etc...
:>
:I have done the above, presumably a reboot was needed so I have done that
:also, however i'm still getting the same messages.
:
:Is there anything else I can try, or am I being completely stupid?
:
:Thanks for the prompt response!
:
:Regards,
:Joe

    I'm assuming you did a buildworld and an installworld.  Did you
    also do a make ugprade ?  If not, do it.  Maybe you don't have
    the new MAKEDEV.

    ls -la the devices you are trying to use, before and after.

					<dillon@backplane.com>