Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/disk/fd fd.c fdc.h

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 01:36:43 +1000

Matt Emmerton wrote:
You may be interested to know that my primary DFly development machine is an
AMD Sempron-based system with a BIOS date of late 2004.  This machine could
hardly be considered "ancient", but yet it has ISA slots and numerous other
devices that rely on the ISA bus architecture.

Be careful what you wish for -- removing ISA support will prevent a great
deal of hardware from running DFly, and I don't think anyone is interested
in taking that step.

--
Matt Emmerton

In that case, maybe leave ISA bus support in for legacy, but remove support for rare/noone uses ISA based cards.

Petr