Re: Which wireless card?

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:15:31 +1000

Sepherosa Ziehau wrote:
On 5/13/07, Petr Janda <elekktretterr@exemail.com.au> wrote:
I've tried 2 different cards that use the ACX driver (one netgear, the
other dlink) and neither of them are quite stable (same in windows) so

Can you give more detailed information?
Connection seems to fluctuate between 12-54mbit, sometimes goes to 1mbit and completely stalls. However, sometimes it also completely stalls on 36 (or any other speed) and I can't ping anything. I initially thought its the wireless router, so i bought a new one from different manufacturer but it does the samething.

About 50% of times these messages:

acx0: basic rates: 0x0027
acx0: join BSS/IBSS on channel 11

come up like 7-8 times before it reaches handshake or whatever its doing.

and sometimes also messages like acx0: tx failed or something like that come up.

Petr