Re: 2 NIC's on the same subnet.

From: Petr Janda <elekktretterr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 06:49:00 +1000

Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
On Fri, May 04, 2007 at 09:49:42PM +1000, Petr Janda wrote:
Is it wrong? What are the possible implications?

It can be done with some care. The problem is that the current ARP behaviour has some issues, e.g. it complains about receiving ARP answers on the wrong interface etc.

Joerg

Hi Joerg,
I don't know if you've received my email but we are working on getting DragonFly supported upstream for net-snmp. We might need some advice in regards to making it all going.

The thread is here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1710910&group_id=12694&atid=112694