mdconfig for DragonFly?

From: "Morgan Reed" <morgan.s.reed@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 00:01:41 +1000

I've just run across another issue along the path to getting my
embedded version of DragonFly up, I was going to use Matt's
rc.diskless2 out of the FreeBSD tree to create memory-backed
filesystems to run /var and /tmp off but I have since discovered that
we don't have mdconfig in our tree yet.

Looking through the archive there was some discussion a while back
about porting mdconfig over from FreeBSD 5, there doesn't seem to be
anything further about it, just wondering if anybody is looking at
porting mdconfig or alternately if there is a way to emulate the
memory-backed filesystem functionality provided by md using vn
instead, as far as I can tell from the docs all vn disks are
file-backed which doesn't really help as the point of this exercise is
to avoid cycling the CF card I'm using as OS media too many times.

TIA
Morgan