Re: comparing cvsup vs. rsync

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:49:39 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    I am now running an rsync server on crater.dragonflybsd.org, serving
    the cvs repository as 'dragonfly_cvs'.

rsync -a rsync://crater.dragonflybsd.org/dragonfly_cvs blahblah

very nice! will immediatelly switch to rsync operation. however, i'll have to find out how to generate the supfile for cvsupd serving...

    Minor issue, but it would be nice if I could get statistics on
    downloads.

I have this in my rsyncd.conf:

syslog facility = local5
transfer logging = yes