Re: A great BSD-compatible UPS?

From: Jose timofonic <soytimofonico@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 17:18:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

Thanks for informing about the "apcupsd", it seems
quite interesting.

Anyone can recommend me some models for a home server
installation with a some low power machines and a few
powered ones (two classic UltraSPARC machines, a 64bit
X86 with more than four SATA2 HDD...)?

Do I need one UPS with SNMP if wanting to use the same
UPS for different machines? It can be used as a
watchdog for the connected machines?

I'm thinking to adquire some kind of expandible UPS
able to add more batteries for more VA (if exists),
because probably this will be quite expensive. I
lately readed a lot of documents about UPS but still
confused by the overload of products and very
expensive prices.

Regards.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com