To be a new DFly commiter

From: Grzegorz Błach <grzela@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:17:43 +0100

Hi everyone,

I use DragonFly about 2 year,
currently I am ready to submit my tweaks and extensions to DFly system.
There're:

1.
a) chg default password_format do blowfish since there are known
algoritm of collision for md5.
b) add support for openwall passwdqc (password checker) pam module (this
was added to FreeBSD 5.0)
c) add support for openwall tcb - the alternative to shadow (with pam
module) which is more secure than pam_unix and pam_pwdb, because tools
like 'passwd' or 'chage' don't neet SUID, instead it use SGID 'shadow'.
Group 'auth' may be used to read-only access to all password hashes.

2.
a) Replace sendmail with postfix (with cyrus-sasl). It is faster and use
cleaner config file.
b) Add imap-uw as simple pop3 and imap4 daemon.
c) Add stunnel for SSL/TLS access to mail-related daemon.

3. Build alternative to pkgsrc packages system, which will be build on
pacman from archlinux.org, and use tweaked PKGBUILD scripts.
This packages system should be easier to maintain, and we will keep
track on all our packages.
For faster port packages to DFly, we can use makepkg with PKGBUILD
(which is a shell script) or we can rewrite this scripts to Makefiles
which will stop building package on error.
I will rewrite pacman tool which will be use this same archive format,
but for library to reading archives I'll use libarchive,
and for fetching packages from net I'll use libfetch.
I need name for this tool, because this should be different than pacman.

I hope I'll got write access to CVS for complete this steps.

WHO I AM?

I am a 21 old student from Krakow in Poland.
3 year's ago I worked on my own Linux distribution, but I halt this
project, because I had romance with FreeBSD, and this system IMHO is
more self-integrated than Slackware Linux, which I used earlier.
And I played with him.
For my distribution I ported crypt-blowfish from openwall.
And when i halted work on my distripution i put patch for Slackware 10
on http://www.openwall.com/crypt/.
For FreeBSD i write coda (CD Digital-Audio Player),
which is hosted on https://gna.org/projects/coda.
And I ported fdisk from utils-linux package as lfdisk
which is hosted on https://gna.org/projects/lfdisk.

. com = 9,90, .pl = 29,90
www.nazwa.pl