Re: Software RAID1

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:54:25 +0100

Tero Mäntyvaara wrote:
I didn't quite undestand that if DF is capable to boot from vinum RAID1
or not.

yes, works, but is not exactly trivial.

How do I set root RAID1 on installed system?

depends on how you installed it. possibly not anymore :/

the important thing is to have 265 sectors free in the beginning of the partition, so that, when you convert the partition to vinum, vinum can store the data. there is a pretty good explanation on grog's vinum homepage. i could sum it up here, but then you wouldn't understand it unless you read the howto anyways, so i'll spare you :)

cheers
 simon