VLAN help needed

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:45:57 +0100

Hello,

We have our switches' (3x HP 2524) pots assigned to 2 VLANs. All traffic from the switches goes through my (much-anticipated) filtering bridge. I would like to do the following:

- Assign the bridge's both interfaces to one of the two VLANs.
- The other VLAN serves management purposes and there are private network addresses (RFC 1918). I'd like to add a third card to the DF machine, not add it to the bridgegroup but assign it to the other VLAN. That way, we could telnet into the scwitches directly from the bridge.

Questions:
- How do I give my cards a VLAN ID (same for both cards)?
- How do I make sure that the VLAN tagged packets can go through? If the bridge's cards aren't assigned to VLANs, these packets get dropped.

Thanks in advance for help.

--
Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */