Re: DragonFly testing

From: "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 07:29:57 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Trevor Kendall wrote:

> > Yes, I thought about it too. However, the packages.7 manpage is part of
> > the pkgsrc bootstrap, so adding a link would either have to be done
> > directly by the pkgsrc people or we'd have to add it to
> > nrelease/Makefile (which I'll do on the weekend if no one objects).

NetBSD does link to pkgsrc.7 to packages.7 since October.\

> packages(7) doesn't explain how to install pkgsrc for building from
> source which is what I think is needed here.

Thats sounds like a good idea.

> Following is an mdoc version of section 2 of pkgsrc/doc/pkgsrc.txt,
> almost word for word, including awkward language:
> http://franchan.ath.cx:4848/~tj/DragonFly/patches/pkgsrc.7
> Licenses may need to be adjusted.

Definitely if almost word for word then license is wrong.

(Please tell me the awkward language and I may commit fixes.)

> It might be a good idea to include sections 4 and 5 (of pkgsrc.txt) in
> pkgsrc(7) as well.

I don't know if it is worth keeping this documentation in sync. Maybe just
have DragonFly install pkgsrc.txt and have the pkgsrc.7 be a link to
packages.7 that gives path to documentation (pkgsrc.txt) in the SEE ALSO.

Maybe even install just /usr/pkg/doc/pkgsrc.txt ?

  Jeremy C. Reed