Re: Journals and jscan

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:17:15 -0800 (PST)

:	The leading / is originating in jrecord_write_path in vfs_journal.c,
:I added some debug which revealed that the chain of namecache structures
:ends with an extra one with nc_nlen set to 0. I have no idea if this extra
:record is vital for some purpose so I've added the attached patch to make
:jrecord_write_path ignore it rather than try and track down where it is
:coming from and remove it (I'd hate to destabilise the namecache stuff -
:even in a vkernel).
:
:	Unfortunately it's not enough to make the mirror work - something
:seems to be astray in jscan - I'll look into that next.
:
:	PS: The vkernel is *wonderful* :)

    Ah.  This actually makes sense.  I made some major changes to the
    way mount points work in the namecache and it is probably confusing
    the journaling code.

    It would be great if you would like to work on this!

					<dillon@backplane.com>