Re: Release Schedule for 1.8

From: Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 22:47:28 +0100

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:58:11 -0800 (PST)
Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:

>     Include ALTQ in generic?  Hmm. I would personally rather not, unless
>     a really good case is made for including it.

The only reason why I say this is the fact that many would like to use BSD flavors as home routers with transfer rate limiting, and regular lines don't require a too powerful computer, an 586 or 686 will do (we were NATing 10Mbit with a PI-133 and 48M EDO RAM.) On these machines, kernel building takes hours.

>     We *are* including
>     kernel sources on the ISO now, so perhaps a better solution would
>     be to create a section on how to set up a kernel build infrastructure
>     given just a freshly installed ISO.

Do you mean the nativekernel target?

--
Gergo Szakal <bastyaelvtars@gmail.com>
University Of Szeged, HU

/* Please do not CC me with replies, thank you. */