Interrupt affinity and MSI for high performance packet forwarding

From: "Brett Warden" <brett.warden@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 17:17:41 -0800

I'm doing some evaluation of DragonFly with regard to high performance
IP forwarding on multi-core systems. My preliminary results yield
pretty poor results with 64-byte frames on GbE (comparable to NetBSD
but substantially less impressive than Linux). I was wondering if
there are any good tweaks I should use to improve performance?

Does DragonFly support MSI?

Is there any current implementation of SMP interrupt affinity (and if
so, how do I enable it)? I've only seen scattered discussion about
that on the mailing lists over a year ago.

Thanks,

--
Brett T. Warden
Intel Corporation