Re: A question on enabling sound...

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:44:42 +0100

On 2007-01-02 15:44, Huub wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get my sound working. So far, I've put snd_via8233_load="YES" in my rc.conf. But which files should I install next? esound and aumix are installed, but what should be installed as well?

Have you loaded the correct modules / compiled your kernel with support for your soundcard? try running 'kldload snd' and see which module gets loaded.

--
Erik Wikström