Re: A c++ puzzle for you gurus

From: "Miguel Sousa Filipe" <miguel.filipe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:41:17 +0000

Hi,

On 12/18/06, walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com> wrote:
Peter Avalos wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 07:48:38AM -0800, walt wrote:
..
>> My bonehead compiler question is:  how did we get from 'from syncres.cc' to
>> 'mtasker.cc' with no intermediate steps?

> ...mtasker.hh which includes mtasker.cc. ...

The source of my confusion becomes clear!  I don't recall ever seeing
a header file 'include' a source file before, so I didn't even look at
the code. <hangs head in shame>

Is this practice specific to c++ ?  (If you know of any examples of c
code doing this, please point them out.  Thanks!)

This is not specific to c++, its more specific of aplications that have the source code badly organized, and with twised file dependency chains. So, it's possible to have "bad" organization like that in C too.

--
Miguel Sousa Filipe