Re: graphical boot in DFly

From: "Ryan O'Connor" <colossus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:53:29 -0800 (PST)

Sorry, I had to cut 'n' paste here as I just joined the list:
Try this (origionaly from Ezra):
 > Edit /etc/ttys Look for the line ttyv8
/usr/pkg/xorg/bin/xdm
-nodaemon
 > xterm off secure and change off to on.

No, it does not work, but it appears on the screen:

init:repeating too quickly on port /dev/ttyv8,
sleeping 30 secs

I ran into this exact problem last night. My problem was that the xorg from pkgsrc did not have an entry for my local xserver in xdm's Xserver file.

Add the following line to /usr/pkg/etc/xorg/xdm/Xservers to fix this:

:0 local /usr/pkg/xorg/bin/X

cheers,

(!!NEWBIE ALERT!!) Please forgive me if I am breaking any mailing list etiquette here.
--
Ryan O'Connor ## ##
<colossus@interchange.ubc.ca> ## ##